This song is truly amazing! He loves us!!!!!

He is jealous for me. Love's like a hurricane, I am a tree Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy. When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory, and I realize just how beautiful You are and how great your affections are for me. Oh, how He loves us so Oh, how He loves us How He loves us so. Yeah, He loves us Woah, how He loves us Woah, how He loves us Woah, how He loves. So we are His portion and He is our prize, Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes. If grace is an ocean we're all sinking. So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss and my heart turns violently inside of my chest. I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way that... He loves us, Woah, how He loves us Woah, how He loves us Woah, how He loves He loves us, Woah, how He loves us Woah, how He loves us Woah, how He loves us.

Music Video

Friday, October 17, 2008

Gods Plan... Not Mine!

Well its been a while since i have written, but fall has been crazy, and there is just never enough time. However, I came across something today that I really wanted to post! My bible study just started reading the 4:8 Principle by Tommy Newberry, which is phenomenal! I encourage you all to pause whatever you are currently reading and GO GET IT! It will totally change your heart!

Anyway, I was just reading through some things to day looking for something encouraging to send out to the girls in my bible study and I came across this. God spoke so much truth to me through this and I just had to share it with all of you. I think we could all agree that our culture places a daily struggle on each of us, even as hard as we try and resist it. We are constantly hit with TV shows, Magazines, Images, etc. all that make us think we want something, or need something that we don't have.... (much less, don't need). My point is... it is hard to resist coveting some of the things of the world when it seems so unavoidable. The quote below really encouraged me to allow God to show up in the Contentment of my current life situation . He is all we will ever need, and by praising Him in our here and now, no matter what season that may be, we are glorifying Him for having complete control over our life! Amen... I hope it opens your eyes too! Much Love~

"Discontent characterizes the age in which we live. We may be discontent about ourselves and our circumstances. But who made us? God. And He promises to supply all our needs. When we are content, we acknowledge God's sovereignty in our lives, and that gives Him glory. If we are discontent, it's the same as questioning God's wisdom….Paul testified 'I've learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am…I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.' (Philippians 4:11-12)…..Paul understood God's working in his life, and he was confident that God would use all things – poverty as well as abundance, comfort as well as pain – for Paul's good and God's glory. He didn't say, I will give God glory in spite of my pain, he said I will give God glory because of it. Discontent is a sin because it robs God of glory….Glorifying God means that we praise Him with a full heart, absolute contentment, knowing that our lot is God's plan for us now."

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Um...It's about time you write another post. A month is a little long! I am sure you aren't staying busy! I love you.

Amy Adams said...

Hey Savannah! Loved the post. Haven't seen you in forever! Maybe we can keep in touch on here! Hope you are doing well.