This song is truly amazing! He loves us!!!!!

He is jealous for me. Love's like a hurricane, I am a tree Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy. When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory, and I realize just how beautiful You are and how great your affections are for me. Oh, how He loves us so Oh, how He loves us How He loves us so. Yeah, He loves us Woah, how He loves us Woah, how He loves us Woah, how He loves. So we are His portion and He is our prize, Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes. If grace is an ocean we're all sinking. So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss and my heart turns violently inside of my chest. I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way that... He loves us, Woah, how He loves us Woah, how He loves us Woah, how He loves He loves us, Woah, how He loves us Woah, how He loves us Woah, how He loves us.

Music Video

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Where are you headed???

As I was ready my devotional today I came across this verse that really struck a chord in me. I know several people that are going through some very trying times right now who cant seem to figure out what to do, where to turn, or who to run too. It breaks my heart because I constantly wonder what people do if they cant turn to the Lord, rest in Him, hope in Him, have faith in Him and His perfect plan... I know for me personally, I wouldn't make it through the day if it weren't for the peace I have that Jesus Christ is my Savior. As I read this verse though I was greatly challenged...

"But we must keep going in the direction that we are now headed.” Philippians 3:16

What direction am I headed? Do I want to keep pressing on toward this goal. If my answer is no, then I don't believe I am headed in the direction that God would have me. So that is going to be my daily reminder, and hopefully you will help remind me as well. With all my actions, thoughts, plans... am I headed in the right direction, or am I putting myself at risk to run a slow course. My desire is to pursue the Lord with all that I have. To chase after Him with my every breath, and live a life that would please Him. I find myself stumbling often, and it breaks my heart just as I know if breaks His, but I keep pressing on because of the promise that He has already forgiven me of when I fail.

Consider this…As you begin to walk out the changes in your life and to see yourself as God's special creation, it is vital that we walk in agreement with God. Agreement that he has forgiven us. Agreement that he will give us the strength we need. Agreement that he created us for a positive purpose and will help us accomplish that purpose. Agreement that we will submit to him and put him first in all we do. Agreement that he loves us and will be with us through every trial, through every circumstance, through every difficult step ... and that with his help, we can do it!!! "Christ gives me the strength to face anything." Philippians 4:13


Father, thank you for helping me stay focused on your purpose for my life. Help me to keep going in the right direction. Thank you for the promise that you will give me the strength to face anything. I love you! ...

No comments: